Always follow the path of joy. Move the way you feel, not the way you think.
- Shift your attention inside your body and feel.
- Move the way your body wants, not how you think.
- You will feel joy in your body, if you are on the right path. If you lose contact your path, you won’t feel anything.
- If an idea for the next movement changes spontaneously, then let go of the old idea and do the new thing.
- Make sure that the movement is not affected by fear. (e.g.: make a move hesitantly)
- Make sure that fear does not appear as a pleasure. (e.g. hiding comfortably)
Always move in the best possible way according to your abilities
- Use all of your skills, experience, imagination and talents to be creative and keep moving forward.
- Give your very best with every move.
- The result is absolutely irrelevant.
- If you have no idea what to do, then start with something toally random, but start.
- Complete a movement until you feel that it is finished, but don’t end if it still wants to be done.
- When you have completed one movement, start from the beginning.
- Be sensitive to perceive exactly when a movement has ended.
- Respect rhysical limitations, morality, legal limits and ethical standards.
Dance with absolutely no expectation of the result
- Understand that any expectation of a particular style of dancing may hinder a better unexpected style of dancing.
- Each movement does not have to be the target movement. It can be a preparation to lead you into a starting position from which the actual movement can be carried out.
Proceeding like this you can reach the ecstatic dance
- draw from the full range of possible movements without knowing them.
- keep focus and a high level of performance for a long time without exhaustion.
- bring the timing, shape and intensity of all movements into a harmonious composition.
- make the entire movement follow the path of least resistance.
- make the dance a mirror of your inner world.
- make your blockages, inhibitions and fears visible.
- unlock all other ways of expressing joy (voice, painting, sexuality, silence, etc.).
- know everything there is to know about dancing.