Always follow the path of maximum enjoyment. Move the way you feel, not the way you think.
- Shift your attention inside your body and feel its delicate tendency of how and where it wants to move.
- Move the way your body wants it, not how you think.
- Your body will let you feel pleasure if you are on the right path. If you lose contact with your body, you won’t feel anything.
- If the direction of movement changes spontaneously and promises greater enjoyment, then let go of the old path and immediately follow the new movement.
- Make sure that the movement is not affected by fear. (e.g.: make a move hesitantly)
- Make sure that fear does not appear as a pleasure. (e.g. hiding comfortably)
Always move in the best possible way according to your abilities
- Use all of your skills, imaginations and talents to be creative and keep moving.
- Do your very best with every move. The result is absolutely irrelevant.
- If two movement paths reveal at the same time, choose any and observe whether the path brings you joy.
- Complete a movement until it is finished. Don’t end the move too early.
- When you have completed one movement, choose the next movement that promises the greatest possible enjoyment.
- Be sensitive to perceive exactly when a movement has ended.
- Physical limitations, morality, legal limits and ethical standards are possible indicators of whether a movement has ended or not.
Make a move with absolutely no expectation of the result
- Understand that any expectation of a particular outcome may hinder a better unexpected outcome.
- A movement does not have to be the target movement. It can be a preparation to lead you into a starting position from which the actual movement can be carried out.
Following the above rules will instantly deliver all the information and energy to
- draw from the full range of possible movements without knowing them.
- keep focus and a high level of performance for a long time without exhaustion.
- bring the timing, shape and intensity of all movements into a harmonious composition.
- make the entire movement follow the path of least resistance.
- make the dance a mirror of your inner world.
- make your blockages, inhibitions and fears visible.
- unlock all other ways of expressing joy (voice, painting, sexuality, silence, etc.).
- know everything there is to know about dancing.