Its about the feeling, not the moves.
Therefore i need good music that inspires me and moves my soul. Moves that i can not relate with (doesn’t feel awesome) will be discarded immediatly.
There are two poles of absolute Consciousness: Meditation and Dance
They are both two sides of the same coin: pure consciousness. The one is the absolute stillness, the other is the absolute movement. As the eastern spirituality is trying to achive realization of the true self in stillness, i am practising the realization of the true self in the dance. Therefore i will close my eyes and let go of all attachments to the outerworld. It is a emtpy dark space of total lonelyness. There i will my own party with nothing but me.
Dancing is the answer
I have no more questions. I came alone and naked i will go alone and naked. Everything that happen inbetween is just a trip and my best trips were good music and movement. And there is nothing to win or to loose except the experience of a good trip. It’s that simple. It took me 20 years to understand the depth and of what Pina Baush meant by saying: “Dance, dance or we are lost.” She is right with this.
We don’t fear death, we Faer a horrible Existence
It’s the trip that we all worry about, not the final end. We are afraid of having a bad trip. Ok, we can avoid taking the risk of having a bad trip by choosing a boring life. Some people like that. But ecstatsy come only with taking the risk of experiencing something terrible. It’s everyones own decision. I asked myself is there a better experience one can have during a lifetime than dancing? I have my opinion about that. Yes i also like sex and some tasty shushi.
Dance for your life
This is fucking serious. I am not saying this from a pony farm perspective. I mean it like: struggling to not get drowned in the ocean during a thunderstorm. Dance for you life! It is the only thing that makes sense.
I will die dancing
I will die anyway. Nothing is under control. I can only choose how i will live my life untill the moment comes when i will die. Since i know for sure, there is no happyness to find outside – i made my homework – i will dance my way to death. It gives me incredible power and fearlessness. Be always aware about that. You want to know how dying feels like? Love life!
In the end you will cry
Did you ever wonder why we cry when we are overwhelmed by happyness? Why does tears come when we laugh a lot? Why does the orgasmic moaning sounds so similar to the moaing the we express when we are getting hurt? Try to understand what i am trying to show you. This question is deep, very deep.
Core tasks of the practise
- Staying in the dancing state of consciousness as long as possible.
- Staying in the dancing state of consciousness strong and stable that absolutly nothing can distract you, pull you away from it.
- Entering and exiting the state of dancing consciousness instantly or with minimal latency.
- Always “look” straight into “it”. Never turn away. Never be unaware. Don’t let “it” get out of focus no matter how terrifying or boring it is.
- Realization that dancing is the real life and the daily ordinary life is just an distracton from that.
- If i can not move my body i keep “vibing” inside.
- Getting awareness and control of every part of the body, even the smallest and most difficult accessable regions of the body.
How the learning process works
- You get an idea of how “it” shoud look or what it should be, express, etc.
- You try to do it.
- You modify the parameters (at this point you consciousness is expanding).
- You put enormous effort into your dance and at some point for a very short moments, the “door” into the “world” that you try to get to opens and you can see the light, you wanted to see.
- The door closes quickly and you feel pretty exhausted. Many “effects” only occure when a certain minimum of energy is put in. I my case it’s the concentration that costs me the most.
- You don’t really know what paramter was the key to open the door, but know you know it’s possible and that motivates to continue working on it.
- It can/will take 10000 attemps and years of work to get you the key. This is the point where the ones who dance for the wrong reason will drop out: You must find satisfaction and meaning in the practise it self. If a dancer attempts to reach the goal without liking the practise, he will retire here.
- You will find plenty of other interesting and valuable keys and you will get closer and closer to your goal. You will grow at multiple dimensions at the same time and become very strong on many levels.
- You will never(!) find the key you are actually searching for, but that’s ok, because you found alot of other keys that bring you to similar results of what you actually intendet to achieve and that serves the purpose well enough.
My personal trainings stragety
- Finding postures that contain the energy quality and aesthetics that i want. First i find a “sketch” and optimize it by changing parameters. One millimeter can make an signifcant difference.
The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness. Therfore we have to take a leap of faith and dive into the unknown.
All things in the world come from being. And being comes from non-being. The contact with our inner truth grows by practising selfless movement. Then our innate source of knowledge will be readable like a book.
Evolution depends on self-discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own growth. It is much easier to fight with the world than with our own nature.
Your dance doens’t express what you want, it expresses what you are. This is why perfectioning techniques will not add the magical component to your expression unless you truely feel your movement.
Each moment you do a movement is a brand-new moment, and you are a brand-new you. Your entire existence will be taken in consideration every single movement.
If you want to dance, you must allow the amour of fear to be stripped from you, piece by piece, until you are naked before the world.
The main source of our internal opposition, the source of resitant thoughts, all reasons why you hesitate or do a movement incompletly it the splits within our consciousness.
Very often you discover pain within yourself while you dance. It is a sign that you discovered a fractional part of your consciousness. These moments are the perfect chance to reconnect those broken parts. Thats one of many reasons why dancing is so extremly powerful. Dancing is proactive healing.
When you dance you start to enter a relationship with something transcendental which seems to has it’s own life and will. Like any other relationship, the power, health and longevity of this relationship has to do with their best interests being accommodated for, not just your own.
If you want to dance from your soul… If you want to express what you really feel… You have to take the risk of beeing you.
Creative consciousness will create the movement you do want, thoughtful control will avoid the movement you don’t want.
If you are unable to act in a relaxed and natural way because of lack self-consciousness or mental restraint your dance becomes a byproduct of your environment. Your dance will be nothing more than the leftover after you adapted to all external expectations.
Dancing is no longer a leisure time luxury for the human race. It is a necessity.
To the degree that people deny their freedom to move, they will hate those who take their freedom to move.
The problem is not that people give away their chance learn how to dance. The problem is that people think they have no talent to dance in fhe first place.
We often ask ourselves: “What can i do to fix this broken world?” We are putting alot of effort in searching for solutions for this in the outside. Instead we need to ask ourselves: “What can i do to fix myself?”. Thats what the world really needs: People that like themselves regardless of the circumstances. The medicine we need is inside our hearts.
How does a person dance that judges a movement? They will dance from a place of fear. A judmental person will be constantly busy avoiding movement that is considered as “ugly”. And by doing this, the person tries to be free in a narrow cage.
Don’t expect too much from yourself when you dance. For you to move in the best way you can, with what you know and have at this moment from where you are. That is enough.
We are raised to listen to authorities that tell us what we should do. We believe in this so deep, that we even dance like there is an invisible authority judging our movement wether it is done correctly or not. Instead we should dance the way we want and with passion. Only then our journey of beeing our true self starts.
We are all broken people somehow. You can fix only a little bit in one lifetime. Don’t hate yourself to be broken. Better let yourself be broken open and dance.
The moment you start to dance you are on a journey into uncharted waters.
Every movement is beautiful when its done with confidence.
Dancing people do not cause harm to others. Dancing people are in alignment with themselves and enjoy their own, so they don’t feel separation.
In order to dance you have to stop resisting to feel your emotions. Then they don’t hurt as badly and you are liberated.
The journey of a dancer is so difficult, that it requires true love to continue moving forward. True love will soon confront you with your greatest fear.
Dancing is the mastership of resistance.
This world has been declared a war against feeling. Therefore, the dance floor is a battlefield on which true human integrity is defended.
Many people ask me for excesises where they can dance with a partner. I recommed everyone to first learn to dance with themselves before longing for others.
Dancing is brutal self honesty. It will not let you do spiritual bypassing, because it is impossible to dance from your true self and fake yourself at the same time.
The only choreography you should dance is the one that comes from your own heart.
I you want to create movement that comes truely from your heart, you have to look at your inner resistance to dance from the heart, before you can create from your inner truth.
There is nothing more beautiful then witnessing a human expressing his pure and innocent soul through a dance. It can make you cry because it touches your own pureness within.
You can see someone dancing, but their dance is not visible to the eyes. True dancing can only be felt.
The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can’t have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I’d rather not be in a cage. I’d rather be dead. Freedom is worth paying for.
Freedom is not deliverance. You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once. Freedom is never given; it is won. We must be willing to pay a price for freedom. Freedom lies in being bold. If you’re not ready to die for it, put the word ‘freedom’ out of your vocabulary. There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires. For in the end, freedom is a personal and lonely battle; and one faces down fears of today so that those of tomorrow might be engaged. Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes.
The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free. A man can be himself only so long as he is alone, and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom, for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. Freedom is also the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Freedom is a possession of inestimable value. Freedom is an occupied space which must be reoccupied every day.
But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. A hungry man is not a free man.
I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom. Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
Freedom to dance
Dancing is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. A good dancer lets his intuition lead him wherever it wants. It is about to not intervene and interfere movement that spontaneusly arises from the inside and wants to happen. In order to connect to the inborn wisdom of our body we have to learn to let go.
The body allows enormous energies to flow through it. It is the softest of all things, yet it is the most powerful thing humans carry within themselves. This power is experienced intuitively and will protect us from harm until the end of our days.
- Basics: Don’t try to understand. Just do. Observation yes, Interpretation no. No Judgement.
- All Exercises will be tought in “images”.
- Between every Exercise there will be a break.
- The heroes journey.
- The Formula.
Exercise: Embodiment Strech
- Moment of total joy when stretching after waking up from sleep. Follow the intuitive wisdom of the body. Total surrender. Defeating the fear of death of letting go. Re-Connection and letting an alien life-form come to life in your body. Yawning, self-petting, streching, bending, shaking, freezing, allow “it” to take room.
- Alteration of phases of music and silence during the exercise.
- “Many good and important decisions in life are made at a time when their consequences were not predictable.”, The Prable of the “Caterpillar”.
Exercise: Holistic Movement
- Intial Accent – The dancing compass, Demonstration ways of “drinking from a cup”. Holism is neccessary to enter flow movement. Integration of head movement. Initiation of alle movement from the hip, then spine, then extremities.
- Emotional movement is not possible if the facial expression is blocked.
- Expanding modalities – Fishing. Inhale – exhale. Balance – Offbalance. Tension – Relaxation. Chaos – Control, Fast-Slow, Continuous – Interrupted
- Snapshot of moving things.
- Wind: Childish, playful, undecided, whirling, lightweight, uplifting, outher outhority, distractible
- Fire: Passionate, Rebellion, Chaotic, snapping, off-balance, exhausting, breathing, shaking
- Water: Adult, gounded, flowing, balanced, killer instinct, statement, inner authority.
- Earth: Aged, precise,
- Micromovement and Slow-Motion. 100% focus and consciousness on every movement at any time and place. No blind spots. Slow down movement until almost nothing visible from outside. Movement continues inwardly. “The baseball-bat.”, “The Hair”. Eyes looking through the wall beyond horizon. Slow motion walking. Right way of shifting weight from foot to foot. Don’t act slow, but be slow.
- “Looking” straight into the “center” of the happening.
Exercise: Movement as a statement
- Doubt, diffuse, hesitation, shame in the execution. Determination and clearness in execution. Cardinal fear of taking responsibility of making a statement.
- Looking away from the happening, when it becomes difficult.
- The difference of what the movement was “seen” to be and how it was executed.
- Inner authority, self allowance. Outer authority, external allowance.
Exercise: Pushing Boundries
- Repetitions of comfort not allwed. Repetitions for improvement allowed.
- Rebellion and protest. Do what you should not do. (ugly, awful, silly, stupid movement)
- Self handycaping
- Snapshot of moving things.
Exercise: Passing Threshold
- Walls of exhaustion. Killer instinct. Beast mode.
- Test of patience.
- Test of persistence.
- Realization of emptyness
- The process of reaching the next level. The Katharsis. The self sacrifice.
Exercise: Music Interpretation
- Build-n Drop
- 4 Elements
- Loss of sense of time and self.
- Not moving, but beeing moved by something.